LAFOURCHE PARISH GAME AND FISH COMMISSION
The Lafourche Parish Game and Fish Commission (Commission) is a unit of the
Lafourche Parish Council, and is required to submit an annual financial statement
prepared by a certified public account in accordance with Statements on Standards
for Accounting and Review Services issued by the American Institute of Certified
Public Accountants and using Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The annual
financial statements are available for public view.|
Commission funds are placed either in a checking account or CDís with Capitol One Bank.
Commission bylaws provide additional financial guidance:
(1) Any item purchased by the Commission shall remain the property of the Commission until legally disposed of and be used for the express purpose of the Commission only.
(2) All property purchased by the Commission shall be held in accordance with La. R. S. 42:1461.
(3) All property of the Commission shall be inventoried and inspected at least once per calendar year with a full reporting at the first meeting of the calendar year.
(4) The Commission may derive revenue from means of a legal nature (i.e., the sale of alligator eggs, proceeds from trappers, and camp fees, etc.). The Commission may also levy hunting or recreational fees as it deems necessary.
(5) No purchases shall be made without the approval of a simple Commission majority at a meeting, except that emergency needs may be purchased with a called vote of the Commission; and subsequent notification by the Secretary to the Chairman.
(6) A financial statement shall be presented at each Commission meeting by the person so designated to maintain such records.
As required by LA R.S. 39:1303, the Commission is also required to adopt an annual budget. The 2018 Commission budget as tabulated below: